To further the work of the Center by raising awareness of mental health issues and the BBAOCC’s services in our communities, by raising funds to support the BBAOCC, and by reaching a younger and wider demographic of supporters and donors.
The BBAOCC YP Board consists of 8 to 12 members at any given time. The YP Board meets monthly (approximately one hour) to prepare for hosting the annual #OCCSCAVHUNT, a scavenger hunt and after party, which raises funds and awareness for BBAOCC. The #OCCSCAVHUNT event, which is typically held in late September, was started in 2013 and takes place on foot around downtown Springfield.
The YP Board values diversity and welcomes applications from all genders, ethnicities, and professional backgrounds. Applicants must be under the age of 40 and agree to the following:
- Commit to attending monthly board meetings with very few absences.
- Donate or fundraise a minimum of $300 to support the #OCCSCAVHUNT event. Examples of fundraising would be securing a $300 team entry for the #OCCSCAVHUNT or securing a corporate sponsorship.
- Proactively promote the BBAOCC and its mission and events to personal and professional networks.
- Assist with organizing and hosting the annual #OCCSCAVHUNT event.
- Commit to a minimum of a one-year term, with commitment to any additional years being at-will.
Please submit a resume and statement of interest to Kristin Carter at email@example.com.